View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #1

180km of mexico.(with pics)

It was a great day. My breakin period is finished and valves were in top shape. so i headed out on the blacktop. I took a wrong turn when i was headed to a distant surf town and decided to keep going down the same road. I found 2 unattended mine/rock quarrys and countless awesome dirtroads. some mild foot/burro trails, A really gnarly rocky trail that was about 4 miles long that just led to a power substation.

Lots of curvy roads,hills,Rough and greasy asphalt, dodging crazy drivers.Its really hard to nail a corner when every 4 or 5 turns someone is 1/2 in your lane.I had one guy coming at me pass another guy but his truck was too slow and he just ignored/didnt see me and i had to jump on the brakes and into the ditch, layed it down in sand :x I was only going like 10kmh when i fell. I did have time to give him the finger though . I did find my way to the original destination, Had lunch, a beer or two, Hung around like a hooligan does., 180Km total today, I think i reached 1000ft above sea level.
Food for the day: $8 USD
Gas for the day: $5 USD (for premium, i was amazed.)
Having this big of a smile all day: PRICELESS.

Hey look, NO ROAD! 8O Nah, they had a detour i just wanted a pic of the road. It has been like that for 6 months

My boots died today also....