View Single Post
Old 02-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #28

That is still not good enough in my opinion. I would not be one half as tolerant.

Forums are a modern form of community, one which allows and has to tolerate a lot of strangeness and difference because of its worldwide reach and almost anonymous nature. The same applies to the whole of the Internet. It allows companies to thrive in a new medium of advertising but when they act in an antisocial manner they should, must be interrogated rigorously by the forum which in this case acts as a whole individual (in a manner similar to a company).

There is very little policing and legality on the 'net, a good thing, and THAT is a reason why we have to act powerfully ourselves to question and balance such perceived bad behaviour. Else it becomes chaos, a ghetto where only the rich and powerful survive.

I think the world has seen enough of Companies not held to account, with rich directors making much money and then being held unaccountable for the suffering they start, that then snowballs into major consequences.

The consequences of not taking this company publicly to task (and exonerating it if so found) are that we all lose., not just one member. In the interest of balance and fairness, I propose a banner ad alongside the tainted, purchased one, donated by the good will of the 'site owner' (who is really just a custodian) which says 'THIS COMPANY IS SUSPECT.