View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 11:20 AM   #19

Doh!

Tortoise, that does look pretty close! It looks like a customized Grom (extended swingarm, different headlight w/ windscreen, etc). I wonder what those are going to go for.

Update on the Vader. I assembled it on Friday. It was pretty easy except for putting the front wheel on, but with a little creativity I did find an easy way to put the front wheel on. I found that putting an A-Frame ladder over the front of the bike then using ratchet straps to lift the front end off the ground worked great.
BUT, I did make a stupid mistake.. When I went to drain the oil, there were two bolts underneath; a 14mm bolt on the left (angled down at 45 degrees) and a 17mm bolt right underneath of the exhaust. My thinking was that bolt that was angled down and that was easier to get to was going to be the oil drain bolt. Boy was I wrong.. That was the cam chain tension bolt.

The tension spring rod that flew out of there ended up getting all garbled up, so I had to order a new one. I tried finding a place to order the Lifan spring, but I couldn't find an online store that carries them, so I ended up ordering an OEM Honda Grom tension spring. I hope that it'll work.

People, please don't be stupid like me. Remember that the oil drain bolt is almost always a 17mm bolt.

But boy does it look pretty sitting in my garage! I'm just amazed that they can sell this bike so cheap! I placed my sister's Grom next to my Vader and I much prefer the looks and features of my bike!