View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Glad to read you assembled it, minus the mishap Do you feel it seems as though it is well-built? I know that Skyteam and Icebear built the CT70 replicas pretty well, as reported by numerous members. Also, pitbikes from China seem to be stout based on numerous youtube videos and members. So, perhaps, the Chinese have the 'minibike' thing down; if only they can replicate quality for full-size bikes!

Thanks, Tortoise, for the Icebear find! Since Icebear offer their CT70 clone as a semi-auto, I am surprised they didn't offer their Grom clone in the same way.

Maxipad, you are correct on the 'custom' aspect as Icebear have their successful custom Ruckus clone lineup in both 50cc and 150cc, and two wheel and trike. They have given several away, or at least offered them, on 'Let's Make a Deal.'

I guess I won't truly know how well-built the Vader is until I can get the motor running. But as far as fit and finish, and all of the little details (led running light, gear indicator, multiple backlit colors to choose from on the instrument cluster, etc.) the bike definitely feels top-notch. I think looks-wise if the Grom looks like it's worth its MSRP of $3,200 then the Vader should sticker at around $3,500+.

If the Vader's motor and transmission are even remotely close in performance to the Grom, then I think it'd be a no-brainer to go with the Vader. But we shall see..

I've finally uploaded some pictures of the Vader, so I'll drop some in this post. (BTW the first pic is where I suspended the bike by the A-Frame ladder, and the last one is a pic w/ all of my bikes including the Hawk 250 )