View Single Post
Old 08-18-2016, 10:28 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Any more videos/review updates? I notice that SSR is showing the 'Razkull' as being available vs. under 'coming soon' (where it still is and has been for several months).

http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/store/...reet-index.php
Here are the updates so far:

- The bike still seems to have some kind of charging issue.

I can go 4-5 days riding the Vader before the battery has a hard time providing enough juice to start the bike. My temporarily solution is to hook the Vader up to a battery tender overnight every 2-3 days or so. Not a big deal when you have a quick disconnect connected to the battery. And if worse comes to worse, the bike is super light that it'd be easy to push start it if need be.

- The plastics are very brittle.

If you watched my quickie video, you'll notice that the plastic from the tail section broke very easily from a very minor fall (my sister actually caught the bike). Then a week later, the front wheel hugger mounting points cracked on me and the fairing on the left side of the gas tank was holding on by one screw (due to cracking issues). These plastics are definitely not ABS.

- Experienced bogging issues a few times on the highway.

There was a few times where the Vader would cut out on me at about 42-44 mph and would not recover unless I dropped a gear and slowly rev the bike back up. This is probably due to the carburetor needing a larger jet.

- Otherwise, the bike is mechanically (& cosmetically ) breaking in nicely. Power feels a bit stronger, shifting is feeling smoother and the bike feels reliable.

I am thoroughly enjoying this little bike. It's just a bummer those plastics were cheaply made (which I should've expected anyways). But the cheap plastics doesn't bother me all that much. I actually prefer the bike without the plastics because it gives me less to worry about and now I have easier access to the motor and it's components whenever I need to get to them.

The Razkull looks pretty sweet! I'm a big fan of SSR. I can't wait to see one of those!