View Single Post
Old 04-16-2024, 10:55 AM   #7

Looks good. The curved megaphone follows the path nicely, fits.

That snug fit of the resonator against the engine will allow you a bit of room to clamp a custom heat shield if it poses a threat (!) It is tucked away, but might could use a shield.

I have seen builds here on this site that involve headwork and opening up the exhaust sytem to improve midrange torque (esp) and I've heard the phrase "willing" or revs easier too. I also hear of people struggling to make a larger bore carb work, unsuccessfully. It is the "go to" upgrade.

My OEM Youall carb on the Templar is very dependable. I do have it jet on the rich side. I should lean it out a bit for better running when hot, but it isn't really that rich. The primitive shim method can work nicely for the needle, and I didn't mind drilling out the airmix screwcap and extracting the float bowl screws. I really have no reason to replace that carb now until I follow through on porting, slight overbore kit (to 265cc), and get a pipe on there with a resonator. Then a better carb would be a good idea at that point.