View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 11:06 AM   #3

After pulling the plastics off, I realized this should (in theory) be a very simple job. The bike uses a 4 wire DC CDI box that has all of the needed efi connections broken out to a single connector! I have to verify this still, but it seems that switched 12v, ground, crank trigger and coil trigger are all on this connector. I just so happen to have a spare mating connector for a CDI box, so I am hoping I can wire this up without cutting a single wire on the factory harness.

As for the fuel pump, Boom was nice enough to put a vent hose to the charcoal canister for emissions. I am going to use this vent hose as my fuel return line. I am also deleting the EGR.. because who needs that?

I already welded in the needed O2 sensor bung in to the exhaust, and also did a little port matching a smoothing of the intake manifold I will be using. The Vader uses a very small intake manifold, and I am replacing it with a rotating flange and a 56-2 intake pipe. This fuel injection kit was originally designed with GY6 scooters in mind, so the flange of the throttle body is rotated 90* from where our bike carbs normally sit. I fabbed up a small flange on our CNC plasma table at work, but I may not need to use it. Here are a few more pics of my progress.
Attached Images