View Single Post
Old 09-02-2020, 05:00 AM   #33

Hi Franque,

I purchased the bike start of February this year.

But after I had a good look at it and the oil was glitter paste and magnetic scrags I lost the will to peruse the restoration.

I cleaned the original carburetor and got the engine idling and revving but I didn't want to invest time and money into the engine given the condition.

So I put the project on hold and started looking at Chonda engines both the OHV and OHC are available new for around $800AUD which I considered but was just a bit to rich for my budget intentions.

Then the used CG250 just appeared on my version of Craigslist $80 with what was left of the wiring loom and the exhaust system. It was close to home and at that point I felt the universe align in favor of the project happening.

It is not real time, but all up its not that much time considering thus far.
just the tedious numbing bits can make it feel drawn out sometimes. waiting on parts and still much buttoning up to do.

but sometimes that's a good thing for the mind and soul.

I was clinically diagnosed with schitzotypal personality disorder about 7 years ago making me eligible for disability benefits. I prefer to keep to myself at home and garden as an introvert with the company of my dog, aquariums and bee hives.

My lifetime home was thankfully relinquished to me after the old man moved out and took his narcissistic trash that robbed me of 10 years of life. But that ordeal has left the house in a poor neglected state so I need to restore it too.

I needed a distraction and I'm in mid life crisis territory so saving an old motorbike seemed like a worthwhile endeavor. while vicariously healing my mental issues at the time.

But as you can see the bike is turning out pretty decent so nothing to worry about eh.

At some point will need to learn to ride and get my license too

I am not trying to show off I am just trying to give a little hope to anyone in a life rut, that it can be done by anybody and is worthwhile.