Thread: Dads’ ATV
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2023, 08:00 AM   #6

Got the Polaris home yesterday.

It wasn’t the greatest trip I’ve had to Dad’s. A lot of damage up there from a recent storm that produced baseball size hail. Cell service was spotty and Dad’s internet was down until yesterday morning.
The plan was to cut down the damaged trees on Thursday but with a heat index at 113F, we said, “Nope, ain’t happening.” Dad said he had five trees down. I walked the property and counted fifteen. His battery operated chain saw isn’t going to handle it, either. It will be another trip up with my big gas saw, along with my brother and brother in laws help.

Dad also has(had)skylights in his barn and shed. Those are history. The insurance adjuster is supposed to be there this morning.

Back to the ATV. It’s a Sportsman, not an Xplorer. To give you an idea of the size, the floor of the trailer is 6’ x 12’. It does go like stink, sixty on the open road. In low range, it walks up the sides of my ditch at an idle. I was able to keep it registered in Wisconsin, that only cost $5. It will be $30 next March, but that’s for two years.

I still need to go through it. It idles a bit rough and what Dad says is good, is barely passable to me. Case in point, I drove his ‘Raunchy-ero’ Thursday and, to quote a British test driver after getting out of the Austin-Healy Spite prototype, “The thing is a bloody death trap.”

So, some maintenance while I don’t have the grandsons underfoot.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts