View Single Post
Old 12-28-2023, 12:59 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsride View Post
First of all let me say that I absolutely fell in love with the ENTIRE line of Royal Enfield bikes. But since I went to get an on / off road machine, I had a hard time making up my mind between the Scram 411 and the Himalayan. In the end I bought the Himalayan simply for the wheel size. I will say that as soon as I pay this one off I will be right back up there to get the 650 interceptor. The R.E. bikes are every bit as sexy as a Trumpet but at a fraction of the cost. Now they probably wont perform like a Triumph but I'm not worried about that. The first pics are a couple bikes I really liked on the floor. Then the Himalayan that I brought home. The pics are of the bike on the loading dock right before I put in in my truck. I know, I KNOW bikes are made to be ridden. But the R.E. dealer is 2 hours from my house. I tell ya though, its starting to look like Jerry's place around here.

The RE650 is de-tuned for European licensing. A replacement cam, valve spring shims, and ECU tune gets you an extra 10 horsepower. Exhaust and air filter are good for another 7-10. It's mad detuned and SO EASY to get significant horsepower gains from this motor. And that's not even considering the 865cc big bore kit. I'm kinda itching for one myself, but I already have three motorcycles that do the same thing the enfield 650 does.

Charles.