View Single Post
Old 11-02-2023, 07:27 PM   #10

My Akaso EK7000 came with a dedicated charger with two charge slots, and two batteries. They do seem to die pretty quick, but I believe most of these things can be run by a power bank or USB charge port.

If you want to be able to connect a wireless lavaliere mic, forget any camera made by Akaso. Just found that out today. They have proprietary micro USB, USB Type C and some other old data port that acts as a microphone jack. My guess is they rearranged the pinouts. The only external mic that works is one Akaso sells, and it's corded. I'm slightly pissed about this, but will likely keep the camera. It should come down to a matter of two wires from the Akaso cable that I will cut, expose and solder to an industry standard micro USB cable to 3.5mm audio jack.

On a side note, if you're having trouble getting your wireless lavaliere mic to work with a Samsung phone, just install Open Camera. I am completely baffled as to how a third party app works better than the one that came with the phone.

"If there were more bloody noses, there would be less wars." - Hagbard Celine

"Someday, after mastering the waves, the winds, the tides and gravity, we shall harness for God the energies of love and then, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire." - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin