View Single Post
Old 11-04-2023, 10:16 AM   #13

I got my camera, and cards in time to go for a little spin on both the Hawk, and KPX, and the video quality, and stabilization really pleased me. The only helmet mount bases were two peel, and stick ones, one for flat, and one for slightly curved surface. I wanted my camera on the right side, and after mounting the camera, I realized that I couldn't use the external microphone, because there is a little panel that swings out, and the mic plugs in behind it, and I didn't have room to do it because the cam was too close to my helmet. I set my cam's angle with my visor up, and when I put it down, some of the camera view was through the visor. I recorded at 30 frames per second, because I think that's what most people do. I think I used 4K. I don't know why, but on each of the 2 recordings I made the video stopped at about 14 minutes, and started again on it's own in a separate video. I tried to get them on YouTube, and they seem like they will take an EXTREMELY long time to upload. Is there a better method ? What about recording on 2.7 K? Would that make uploading easier? I am going to try, and do something about my helmet mount ,so I can use the external microphone, and may experiment with different resolutions. I really got frustrated last night trying to get the videos up on YouTube.