View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #42

The bike in the picture is not a 250.…but that’s not uncommon practice for sales people they do not see the difference so they think neither will you.

If it is the 250 out of Jinan Qingqi then it would be an actual 249cc single, same engine that is in the Suzuki TU250, which has an MSRP of $3,999.00

CCW has plans to sell those as well, but they dance around whether it will actually have the Suzuki engine or an OHV Lifan 229cc which is what they offer on all their other models. They set the MSRP for theirs at $3,100.00 I believe and their "Hooligun" may not even have the licensed Suzuki engine.

The actual 250 is a decent engine and offers 20% more horsepower over the 200cc that is pretty popular.
15.4 compared to 19hp or there about.

Pitster does not have the bike advertised on its web site, if it is showing it on face book then it may be just putting out feelers to gauge interest.

I would give a dealer $3,500.00 if they give me $1,500.00 trade in my 2008 200cc, neither is going to happen.

Your not likely to ever see the 250cc selling for under $3,000.00, not unless the distributor or dealer that has them is in bankruptcy.

I would recommend that they not call it an XTR250, because people that do not know any better will not be able to discern the differences as they come up with information from the internet, the predecessor which had the same XTR250 name, which is totally a different motorcycle. They may want to remove the meta tags from the page on the server that still has that product, it still is accessible on the internet even though it has no link off the companies website.

They are about $500.00 to high on the MSRP for that bike….I would negotiate at $3,000.00 and expect to get it out the door for under $2,900.00.

Your not going to ever see that 250cc selling for under $3,000.00, not unless the distributor or dealer that has them is in bankruptcy.