View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 05:19 PM   #11

I believe these bikes are Boom!/Baodiao models. They use the same engines as the full-size Boom!/Baodiao (e.g. cruiser) 250 bikes from Venom and Powersportsmax. Boom! has a couple pictures of the bike on their own site. I had been in contact with Pete from Kronik Racing since he deals with Boom! and their Vaders and he told me how much Boom! were planning on selling them for, and I told him that even with CARB approval and fuel-injection, I couldn't imagine people paying more for them than CSC's TT250, as those are also available for Californians.

Amigo also re-brands Boom!'s CT70 clone, the Amigo Rocky 125, which is also CARB certified for street use. Unlike the semi-auto transmission of the Icebear CT70 clone, the Amigo uses a manual 4-speed (probably the same engine as what is in the Vader since they are certified on the same EPA/DOT and CARB certifications), and I am sure Boom! imported a containerload of the enduros, so they are probably happy to partner with Amigo to sell them. I am surprised Venom did not pick them up considering their relationship with Boom! and the attraction of CARB certification. Probably a high-ish wholesale price is my guess.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard