Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 06:45 PM   #210

Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
You’re correct. Not many new owners. This size bike and engine doesn’t seem very popular on this website. But the 250cc bike’s seem a lot more popular! I think CSC should dump the RX4 single cylinder and bring in the twin cylinder model.
Good Luck.
PCG
I don't think it is a question of popularity, it's just that a lot of folks here on ChinaRiders already have perfectly good RX3s, and either don't see the need to upgrade, or cannot justify the expense at the moment. Also, there is the question of garage space; many, if not all of us, do not have enough. It gets hard trying to find space for yet another motorcycle - ask me how I know this! I'm sure that if CSC were giving RX4s away, everyone would be in line for one. As it stands, they're not, so we have to wait for the few of us who have upgraded to report in on what they have experienced so far.

Mine is still sitting in the garage, on a Battery Tender. I did manage to get a set of low cost ($20, with free shipping) hand guards from AliExpress fitted. There was a problem with interference with the stock clutch lever, initially, but as luck would have it, I also found a set of adjustable RX4/RX3S (not for the RX3) levers for $20 on AliExpress as well. They fit perfectly, well, at least the clutch lever does - I didn't use the brake lever, as it is already adjustable from the factory. One little niggle is that the boss on the lever that actuates the clutch micro switch does not actually engage the switch, it sits a couple of millimeters from it. I am going to bond a piece of aluminum to it, to act as a filler, in order to bridge the gap and make it function as it should.

On the to do list - I still need to get a set of AuxBeam auxiliary lights installed and wired up. I also bought a set of the cast aluminum tubeless wheels during the CSC Black Friday sale, that I need to get fitted up with a $40 TPMS that I got off of, yep, you guessed it, AliExpress. I also have a set of Shinko 705s that I will be mounting on them, as well. I'll keep the CST tires on the stock wheels for now. Another project is new foam and carbon fiber look upholstering for the stock seat pan. I've got the fabric and foam, just have not had the time to get it done. Every time I think I'll be able to get something done, one of the cars needs attention. Yesterday, it was emergency body repairs with a cutting torch, a large pair of Channel Lock pliers and a whole roll of Gorilla tape - the aftermath of getting clipped in my driver side rear quarter panel by a semi that tried to pass me on the left, in an intersection, while I was attempting to turn left. It is good to know that you don't have to be on a motorcycle, in order to get run over on the road in this day and age.

For those of you dying for more info on the RX4, I say be patient, spring is around the corner. We'll be able to tell you more when the weather breaks, for those of us up north. There is an update from an RX4 owner on YouTube, posted in early January: