View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 10:05 AM   #26

Thanks. So far, so good on the running. It's just a bit lean at mid- to high-rpms. Pops and stutters a bit. Putting on the choke one 'click' makes it better. I don't know if the 'proper' fix would be to raise the needle or use a larger main. Like I said earlier, changing the main is w-a-y-y-y easier than getting at the top of the carb again. The seat, tank & bodywork is a Chinese jigsaw puzzle to get all back together again.

Yeah, the perimeter frame looks neat, but IMO, it's a pain in the behind. Blocks access to the carb, blocks access to the head cover for valve adjustments, makes fitting a larger tank much more challenging.

But don't get me wrong - I'm loving the bike overall. Physically small, lightweight, and very good performance if you keep in mind I'm a fat guy on a tiny machine...

It's funny - I don't know how much of it's 'goodness' is by Chinese design and how much is 'luck' by copying the Japanese, but the thing sure does spec out nice - 250cc 4-stroke, e-start, plenty of charging capacity for add-on goodies like I've done, disk brakes front & rear with twin-piston calipers and braided stainless steel brake lines, inverted fork with separate compression and rebound damping adjustments, mono-shock linkage-type rear suspension, wide heavy-duty footpegs, folding shifter lever, and I'm also impressed with the ground clearance and the sturdy frame rails below the motor with no hanging down obstacles to snag on stuff out in the woods. And for me, I've got less than $600, all in (assuming my time is free).

But, on this site, I'm preachin' to da choir - can I git an Amen!

Kirk