View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 08:06 PM   #29

The Worlds' Greatest Granddaughter has been returned to her other grand parents and will be back at her parents house on Wednesday. It was quite a trip for someone not quite eight years old and to be away from home for a month. Maine to Pennsylvania to Illinois to Northern Wisconsin. Back to Illinois to Pennsylvania to Maine. I know that I'm beat, having put 4500 miles on the Chevy.

No work was done on the minibike but there were trips to Brookfield Zoo, Blackberry Farms, and the Kane County Fair. There was one trip, however, that was just the two of us.

She caught her first fish and was excited as all get out.

So, it is very quiet at Chez Fromage at the moment. Mrs. C and I are reveling in it. Work on the mini bike is still on hold while I'm wearing the aircast. I'm pretty sure that it and welding won't mix. It's also ungodly hot and humid. My friend in Finland IM'd me this morning to tell me how warm it was at his place; 25C. Told him he loses because it was already 30C here and heading to 35C. He agreed.

While the mini bike is on hold, I came across the basis for another future project. Work was scrapping a nearly new Lambordini single cylinder diesel engine, with electric start. I had them scrap it into the back of the Chevy. I think it is in about the 12-15hp range. So, how about something like an old CB350 frame with a torque converter drive? Huh huh?

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts