View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 10:48 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The F (sport version) ran from 2010 to 2016, but the last 2 years were basically carry overs from 2014. It was a bit of a flop. Honda made a great bike, but killed it with compromise in the worst way. Very powerful engine, but too soft of a suspension with only preload adjustment, so not the greatest sport bike. Ergonomics too heavily favor sport riding. It is still comfy, but it doesn't match the plushness of the suspension. High price tag, but almost no extra features to show for it and a very basic dash.

With a bit of work on the suspension and ecu tuning side of things, it really turns the bike into what it should have been.

The X model had a few tweaks to make it a better adventure bike. A bit less HP, and a bit more torque below 4000rpm. Obviously cosmetic and suspension changes as well.

Was not sure when the F was discontinued...hell it was a surprise to suddenly see the X version popping up in the dealership when i went to go look at the 1200s again. But then again i still have my original "F" the VF750F that started the line up so no big loss from my point of view. Truth be told i thought i would eventually move onto a newer VFR from that bike instead i ended up on the Softail. Go figure.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)