View Single Post
Old 08-24-2023, 05:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kelly View Post
I've hurd 2 issues for this on the RX4 one is the ECU they seem to have a problem and will be problematic in making spark on starting it will also miss periotically if your getting a miss every once in a while I would just buy a new ECU and swap them and see if that cures it.
fuel pumps not developing proper pressure and thuss the injectors don't work right
if you can put a pressure gauge on the injector line to see what the pressure is
not sure what is within specs but CSC would be able to tell you
Bob....

Bob, I have a new ECU (GoBoom tune) installed. Issue pre-dated the ecu replacement. I just changed the MAP sensor and checked the spark which seems strong. I'm still leaning towards a fueling issue. The bike runs and pulls without a hiccup once started. I've still been commuting to work on the bike. It takes 3 trs on the starter to get running. Priming the ignition multiple times makes no difference. I have no ability to check compression with the bike having a camshaft driven compression release and obscure 8mm spark plug thread.

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” -Harlan Ellison-

“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.”
― Ronald Reagan-