View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 04:20 PM   #1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeerAtlas View Post
re springing, sounds like it may be under damped,
re front tire, I know Ryan at CSC wanted to swap out the front when he was planning a trip to the motocross track. I suggested maybe an IRC TR-8 and he laughed. Turns out CSC is now supplying TR-8's and can put em on the TT250's for you.
Won't know for sure till mine arrives(TT250) but looking at that front tire, I got a TR-8 replacement sitting here that I ordered before I heard CSC has em. Helluva nice looking knobby that I think will go a long way towards solving the front washout problem.
Just to follow up, the tire pressure was up around 30-35 psi. Not bad for the street but in the dirt it was very squirly. I lowered them down to about 22 psi and it felt much better. However, when I was coming down a hill on my ride Monday morning, the front washed out on me in a sandy section (still not quite sure what happened) and resulted the bike going down and me going along with it. I ended up bending the bars and the rear brake pedal/lever. I was able to bend the brake lever back but need to order some new bars. I am going to try and wear the stock tires out as quick as possible and probably go with the TR-8's. I have heard good things about them.

Also, my speedo cable broke on Monday morning as well around 40 kilometers. I was hoping that issue was resolved on my bike, but it looks like I will need to contact them for a replacement.