View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 08:58 AM   #12

Crap--you will most likely NOT be able to register the Hawk in New Jersey. I hope, for your sake, that they are now carrying the Enforcer, and sent you one of those (commonly called the Chinese switcheroo as some members have ordered bikes, and a very similar one arrived--ok, I made up the name, but the switch has and does happen). The Hawk is not on the DOT list (FMVSS list or called something like that). I really and truly hope I am wrong, and the Hawk can be registered, but like I said, since NJ is one of a few states who go strictly off that list from the EPA/DOT, and the Hawk is not on that list (it is technically an off-road motorcycles as classified by the EPA) NJ might just be a no-go. Again, let's hope that is not the case!!

Call up Powersportsmax and get firm with them. Tell them your plans to street register your bike, and you checked and the Hawk is a no-go. You will want an Enforcer instead, if they have those. From what I understand, the Hawk is 49 state legal as an off-road bike (Californians need not apply), so don't let Powersportsmax use that loophole i.e. "you never said you planned to street register the bike". Hopefully, NJ has some consumer protection laws like New York to argue with for your case. California does, so don't hesitate to contact the BBB of California.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard