View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:36 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMore2 View Post
Cool, olegeezer! I plan on making the same trip in August. Medellin to Machu Pichu and back with the wife on two used bikes we plan on buying in Medellin just for the trip. Looking forward to your Ride Report and more pics. Perhaps you could post your route(?)
Cool FMore! I'm headed to Cusco myself hopefully.
I got across the border at Macara. It went smoothly. Just make sure to guard all your paper documents and it will be fine. The only cost so far to cross two borders was that I had to buy one month of insurance to get into Peru. This cost $35 per month. Once I got to Piura, I had a case of Montezuma's revenge going on. I've spent the last three nights in a hotel trying to get over it. I'm hoping to leave today for Olmos? I'll have to see how breakfast sets on my stomach and make a decision from there.
I reconnected with the Peruvian newlyweds that I met in Puyo. They have been helping me as best they can and I appreciate that. Great people they are. I will try to post a Google map of the route for you. It's pretty simple, I basically followed Google maps routing from Medellin to here.. I'm navigating with Google maps and my iPhone.

Last edited by olegeezer; 02-03-2017 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Typo error