View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 09:32 PM   #2

Now it is time to check that the new wrist pin will slide in easily and get it ready to mate to the rod. I coated it with oil and made sure it fit and slid back and forth by hand:

Align the piston so that the arrow on the top faces the front of the motor and get the depth to about here:

Install the circlip on the timing chain opening side (left) of the piston.

Clean and prep your case and install the new gasket> (rag is to prevent debris or circlips from falling down into the cases (which is way bad):

Now carefully place the cylinder and piston assembly onto the rod end and line up the wrist pin and rod:

Remember to pull your timing chain up through the opening as you put it together- a helper is good here. (But I did it solo) The yellow zip tie is holding my timing chain:

Now we can very carefully install the final circlip on the right side of the motor- I use the clean rag to keep it from falling down in the cases. If you do drop it into the cases a good magnet tool will *usually* fish it out.

You can now just push the cylinder down onto it's mating surface- the piston should slide semi-freely as you push down. The engine may rotate a little-

I looked through the timing mark hole and turned the motor back to TDC as I pushed the cylinder on-

It all came together beautifully!

Next I installed the head and torqued the 4 bolts to spec (28 ft/lbs or 38 newton-meters)

I won't go into reassembly of the head as Spud has that pretty well covered. Plus if you don't understand how to adjust your valves and set your cam chain timing you may want to consider asking for some experienced help before diving into this.

Cheers all!
1993 Fantic Key-Roo 250