View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgun
It couldn't be the guy that has never laced a wheel... it has to be the company that has been in the spoke/wheel business for decades right?!!!!!! Yes, I miss laced the front however, it is now done right. I mounted up cheng shin tires using rim locks and Kenda "tuff tubes". I installed the PBI 12T counter-sprocket and performed a crank case cover modification. I plan on painting the plastic here before I get it on the road. I'll be taking it on a test ride here when she's all buttoned up. Here are a couple crappy pictures of the wheels, I'll get the finished product after the paint.

Thank you for sending links to your photographs; you did an excellent job, Showgun! You were wise to install the 12-tooth, countershaft sprocket with the 18-inch, rear wheel; a larger sprocket will gear the bike too high with the bigger wheel. You were even wiser to perform the left crankcase cover modification at the same time! I also think it is very prudent to paint the bikes right now; the Zong looks much nicer with a new coat of Krylon Fusion! You are well advanced in Spudifying your new Zongs!

Two new Zongites are better than one! Always remember, "the family that Zongs together, belongs together!

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894