Thread: Electric RX3
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 04:48 PM   #17

Cordless? English for "Doesn't work."

Pretty much my experience. Latest failure day before yesterday, when I needed to drill holes in a rubber mud flap and the 2 month old battery operated drill I bought for the purpose would not take a charge. Back to jumper cables, invertor, extension cord, and old corded drill that actually works at -2*F.

I tried the smart phone thing. Batteries went dead half way through planning a route. An inverter for the laptop, a powerpoint charger for the wireless internet, and I can stay online for hours, and actually see the graphics without squinting.

I've had several students on board try to use their smart phones as a navigation planning and guidance system. Failure after failure. Fun stuff like places phones don't work (laptop can remember and show map details without wireless, phones can't), routes in a 4 meter tall truck going under a 3 meter tall bridge, 32000kg truck over a 13000kg weight limit, etc., etc., etc. Every company shop has a half dozen trucks with smashed tops at any given time.

Cheap gadgets piled on smart phones will kill you. If you need the real thing, buy it.

Anywho, why the lumber under the kickstand? Keep the battery acid from leaking?