View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #4728

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjmorel View Post
Original shock is out and new shock won't go in because when I measure across the top shock eye bushings the Progressive bushings are .040 wider. So I'm at my shop now remedying that. When I installed my CSC center stand it was to wide also by about .040. Maybe my bike run was built to different dimensions then later/earlier ones? Don't know. All fixable stuff ,just time consuming. Or maybe its so frosty freezy here everything has shrunk up .040?
For others installing the Progressive shock. It would be a help to have another person on the LH side of bike to kinda scrunch down the air filter boot with a dull something as you push/pound out the bolt from the RH side. I did mine by myself and had to go back and forth as the bolt dug into the boot and started peeling off material from the boot even after greasing up where the bolt head contacted the boot. rj
You don't need to machine the bushings. I just tapped the shock mount farther apart with a punch and hammer.

The cold was your problem. I didn't damage the manifold of the air box in the slightest. However, I installed my shock when the temperature was 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894