View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:34 PM   #34

Sorry to drag up an old post, but someone had asked about a Chinese version of the GPS. I have been looking at these, but have not pulled the trigger on one yet. The two that I know of that you can see some reviews on are a 4.3 inch model that runs Windows CE and can be found under the brand name of Fodsports. The second one can be found by searching for MT5001 and is a 5 inch Android model that runs an older version of the OS called Kit Kat. The manufacturer has been promising an upgrade to version 6 of the OS from the 4.4 it currently runs, but nothing has happened in over a year. So it is anyones guess how long before that model gets the update.

Some report these units are slow. I have seen reports that you can upload basecamp maps to it and with a couple of simple tweaks they work. I would love to see someone actually running it on the bike and showing it in action. One guy does a review of the 4.3 inch Windows CE version but doesn't show it in action.

So reviews are mixed. So that leaves me trying to decide between a cheap water resistant Android phone or giving one of these a shot.