View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 02:05 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkon45 View Post
Glad you're enjoying the bike. I'm a bit over 3k miles on mine. Think it's time I check my valves. Lol. How often are you checking your chain? Keep an eye on it. When it's slack, you'll probably notice something that feels liked it's slipping out of gear. It'll hold up just fine, until you come into a turn at a spirited pace. Lol. Then it'll kick it. It's easy to get back on, though. I've never sat for more than 5 minutes.

Also, if you haven't yet, put some neversieze on the threads for the mirror bolt. And around the bolt head also. My bike spent about a month exposed to the elements over the winter at the ex wife's house. The mirrors are now one with the bolts, and I made the mistake of installing the mirrors all jacked up. My left mirror is useless unless I'm in full tuck. Lol.

How do you feel about the throttle twist? Does it seem a bit long to you?

I haven't ever adjusted my chain since I got it (or my valves for that matter even though I should have according to the manual service schedule) but I'm currently at about 2100 miles, in that time the chain has stretched out a bit but nothing major luckily haven't ever experienced it feeling like it's slipping and it's never kicked it off but I'll keep an eye on it. As for the mirrors actually just checked after you said that luckily looks like both my bolts are easily removable, I do park my bike inside a garage every night though so it rarely sees any weather and is never parked outside in it which probably helps haha but anti seize wouldn't hurt I will put some on this weekend. And the throttle twist feels normal to me, reminds me a lot of my friends Honda CB300 in terms of how it feels and how far you have to twist it so it's always felt normal to me. At about 800 miles though it did have some play in it but quick couple second adjustment of the throttle cable it's been as it should be and haven't had to adjust it again