View Single Post
Old 12-20-2016, 10:31 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsocial View Post
I was just catching up on posts. Wow the RX4 looks beautiful! The dual front brakes is a better way to go. However, that's double the parts for a brake job! I don't even have dual rotors on my Harley Dyna! Thank God I don't, cause that would turn a brake job that costs under 70 bucks to one over hundred.

Anyways, this would probably be a better option for my husband. The RX3 goes really slow with him on it uphill. With me, it does a bit better of a job.
Not only that but you can only disperse as much inertia as the friction patch on the ground will link up and allow. I had a buddy who built a custom HD and he wanted a dual disk on a 21" skinny front tire with a SPRINGER! I told him he'd regret it but no.... He ended up skittering the front end out in an intersection. That skinny tire had a little over a dime size friction patch attaching it to the pavement. WAY too much braking power with the duals. That's why you usually only see them on the big fat FLH's and like my old Vic TC.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350