View Single Post
Old 09-14-2016, 11:05 AM   #7

I have two Hawks which are not just ridden, but ridden HARD pretty much every day the weather doesn't intervene. If you wait till the perceived 'end of mc season' the prices will plummet, I believe someone was selling them for 1050.00 last fall. Paid 1300 for mine, could have done a bit better but liked the seller.
Now, since you're in texas, you should be able to get a serious deal cause the importer is there, grab a friend w a pickup and take a road trip. i.e., forget shipping.
Assuming you get a get a good one (problems have been really, really rare) order up an 45 rear sprocket, maybe a 16 front if you want more than you're 50mph comfortably, and a unibear chain (you'll need it eventually as the stock chains stretch like crazy). With the money you save from shipping, get our board members hawk version of his digital speedo / tach) change the fluids, and smile/ridee like a bandit .
These things are serious fun, JUST MAKE SURE you read and follow the xcellent setup and maintenance threads on this board. The bike will last a very,very long time,
I love mine. and just so you know...w the 16/45 gearing I can easily cruise 50-55 day after day after day while also banging around the dirt, mud, gravel, water, and rock we have round the hills here.
mine will pull up a slight grade fully loaded, at a bit over 55 with that gearing and touch 70 on the flat if I crouch down over the tank. My bro's bike does a bit better but his is abnormally strong and he weighs about 90 lbs. less (I'm about 270).

I've had a lot of bikes in my life, >old guy and consider the Hawk to be near the top of the 'bang for buck fun" scale. good luck.
Seer's First LAW-"FLY THE PLANE!", fail that, and nothing else matters. 12th Law- Consider what marvels you might do if only you had tomorrow to live over again. Third Law-When someone tells you some thing "Can't Be Done", what they're really saying is They can't do it!!14th Law-Just because something "IS", doesn't necessarily mean it SHOULD be.. Eighth Law-The only true personal security is anonymity.Ninth Law-Humans tend to learn very little when speaking.10th Law-Some lives ARE worth taking