View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualsport Chic View Post
@2LZ - I had the same thing happen - going down a steep hill to a stop close to my starting off point - happened a few times come to think of it. After my valve adjustment there was an improvement - but still will do it if I'm not careful to ensure I get the R's up a bit.
I'm really thinking it's lazy injector mapping and the IAC doesn't react quickly enough, especially at transitional temps.
The "long downhill theory" is that the R's are pretty high on a long coast as I'm using a lot of engine braking as to not ride the brakes. Then when I pull in the clutch (approaching the stop sign) and the R's suddenly tank, the IAC is late on the uptake. Probably why it will restart right away like absolutely nothing is wrong. The IAC finally showed up on the scene.

Just a theory. As I've stated in past threads, I'd like to here from our carbureted folks here and see if they have the same issue.

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350