View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 09:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKdiver1 View Post
Thank you. I've been on the fence for quite a while, and your recent posts on the matter reinforced the idea that this particular bike checks all the boxes for me. Great job describing your experiences.

Now, that will be irrelevant if I can't ride it, unfortunately.
The older model Orion RXB250L was nearly identical in looks to the Titan, but the Orion had a few features the Titan did not have (adjustable suspension, better stock carb, etc). Powersportsmax has connections directly to China as it is rumored the principals of the company actually live in China. They have connections to get most all the Chinese bikes sold in the US and price them low enough to be competitive to most all other mail-order companies, and they obviously have pull with manufacturers to get some of the bikes re-labeled as 'X-Pro ______________' (fill in the blank, such as Hawk 250). The Titan seemed to be a 'challenge' thrown towards Orion who I believe are the only ones to carry Orion branded bikes (Orion, I believe, are OEM'd by Apollo), and my guess would not allow Powersportsmax to sell the Orion lineup including the RXB250L. So, what does Orion do? They get hold of slightly larger engines (249cc vs. the 229cc that used to be found in the older Orion) and they changed the plastics.

I know they are more expensive than the Titan, but Orion's showroom and mail-order HQ is in Texas, so you would have the added security of knowing for sure if you could register in Texas or not (I am guessing there is no problem). Plus the features that make the Orion 'better' than the Titan. But, I am attracted to the Titan due to its price point, and the fact that I know I could register it in Arizona, and I don't need all the 'extras' of the Orion.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard