View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Did you mail-order your bike? It seems that with all the 'Manny' dealerships and others in Texas, combined with RPS being headquartered there, the Hawk is a perfect loophole bike, and it would seem that buying from a physical dealer would offer no problems in registration (I am guessing they automatically register bikes for you). That being said, the Hawk and Magician have been loophole bikes for several years in numerous states as they are EPA certified as 'Offroad dirtbikes' according to the EPA, with many states flip-flopping over the years with them registering them and later on no longer registering them. Is that the case with Texas?

I've been researching that, and it looks like all the Manny-owned stores do offer the ability to title and register some of the bikes they sell in TX - the ones that are street-legal, or appear to be. For about $135 extra, in addition to TX state taxes. I quote: "Note: If you are a resident from Texas, you will be charged additional money for a tag, title and registration fee. Our system will charge you tax only. Please select Texas from the Shipping Options to add TITLE FEE, TAG FEE & INSPECTION fees amount." This note is displayed on specific bike pages only, like the TBR7, both Hawks, the Raven, the Magician, the Roketa DB-08, the Bashan Motomax 250, and the Apollo DB-36 Deluxe. Weird, the BMS Enduro 250 CRP, listed as a dual sport, does not have the note, or the extra $135 in the TX shipping option.

Others, such as Orion do not - they only supply the usual MCO.

Last edited by OKdiver1; 01-14-2022 at 02:58 PM.