Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #10

Having both a Hawk and a DR, I can honestly say that they're both amazing bikes, but each in their own right. The Hawk is actually my go-to bike when I'm just running errands around town (I was on it yesterday to go to the post office and mail out a housewarming gift, then to the bank, then the long way home). The DR is my long distance cruiser when I want to go somewhere and [I]maybe[I] get off the beaten path. My DR is set up for a ride on the Trans-America Trail, but that fell through when my little sister moved from Spokane Washington to Ramstein Germany. Personally, I think the price-point and ease of ownership for the Hawk are huge selling points. Suzuki parts are expensive to replace, and while there's a cult following for the DR, as well as tons of aftermarket parts, they aren't much cheaper, if cheaper at all. I haven't had to replace anything on the Hawk in the 2000-odd miles I've got on it, but I've already looked into parts and even if everything goes bang at once, it's not like the wife and I will need to eat mac and cheese for a month to fix it. I think that even though they're technically in the same "class," they're different bikes for different purposes. Just my morning thoughts on the matter...

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up