Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 07:32 PM   #199

It's Only Been A Month And Winter Is Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I’m really surprised by the low number of RX4 bike owners posting on this RX4 thread. I kept hearing how popular the RX4 is, and how many were being sold.
And I kept being told how many were being ordered by CSC and how many were being purchased. Have the large shipments of the RX4’s ordered by CSC actually arrived in the U.S.A.Yet? And are the RX4 bikes actually being sold in larger numbers?
Does anyone actually know how many RX4 have been Sold by CSC? And how many are available for sale at CSC’s dealership? And does anyone know how many more RX4’s are on their way by ship from China?
Good luck!
PCG
I've had mine roughly three weeks. It will be the same or less for other RX4 owners, and not all are located in areas where they can ride year round. The weather is already in the 20-30's F here in the midwest, and not many people ride in that kind of weather, so you probably won't here from a lot of buyers until spring. Having said that, I don't expect the RX4 to sell in RX3 numbers, due to the fact that the RX3 has filled a lot of the small bike demand for the time being with riders who don't have any hang ups against Chinese bikes. Those that do have probably got Versys x300's or CRF250L Rally's. It will take time for those bikes to wear out or be sold off, so expect a slow burn instead of the wave of bikes that sold when the RX3 first appeared. Plus, this bike is almost twice the price of the 2015 RX3's that sold for US $2895, when CSC ran their "Don't Miss The Boat" special introductory price. The RX4 is still tremendous value at it's current MSRP, but it is still a pretty big ask for a lot of people nowadays.

Regarding CSC's sales figures, no, I don't have a clue as to how many RX4's that they have imported, sold, or currently have in stock. I'm pretty sure that they will keep that information pretty close to their vests, since they don't want competitors to know it. All the manufacturers are pretty much the same way. Asking for sales data is like pulling teeth, except pulling teeth is easier.