Thread: Short KPX video
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 08:41 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Nice relaxing ride
I had it out to Twin Rocks, and it was a lot slicker than the last time I was there. I also got on another road that I figure would probably take me out on either Sarvis, or Turkey Fork, but it had a bad stretch in it as well. The KPX tires, especially being fully inflated for road speed were not very good. I never laid it down, but it kept try to slide out from under me, and then the icing on the cake was falling down when trying to walk up to a quarry were we used to swim. I will be posting a video tomorrow of clips from my ride that I tried to edit all together. I definitely need to install some preload spacers in the forks of the bike. The front forks compress a lot by just standing the bike upright, without even being on it. I had thought that I would like the bike better with knobby tires, but it handles the curves on the main roads good with the stock tires. I know that my Hawk suspension is not nearly as strong as the KPX, but concidering the fact that it's not failed yet, I think I should probably just keep knobby tires on it, and some sort of 50/50 on the KPX.