View Single Post
Old 04-08-2023, 05:16 PM   #1

Doh! Time to get back on one!!! (Toyota Truck hit me at 14yo)

Greetings Everyone!!!

Thia is way too long but I've tried to make it readable. Oh yeah fhe following two paragraphs are the gist of why I'm here.. haha

Since I want something to ride on both street and trail, I started looking at DRZ400s and was about to buy a highly modded one from a mechanic that worked in a Suzuki shop. He had a ton of bikes and said he just didn't have time to ride em. I wish I'd bought it.

I recently asked if it might be available and he pointed me to a guy who had a 2004 for 3500, it too was modified because a previous owner ran it dry of oil. I happened upon one of the Hawk DLX for 2000 new lol. Later I discovered the Lifan KLX and I've been reading and reading and watching the videos of them. I'm really considering the Lifan for the extra power, warranty(?), and the six-speed because I'm 6'1" 250(Ilost about 80 so far but I've stalled.. haha). Right now I'm reading posts trying to decide what to buy something cheap but brand spanking new or something used that might be a killer deal, a migraine, or just a killer.

These two are background and not necessary really. They were going to be the first two paragraphs of the story.

I used to ride dirt bikes up until I was about 19. At 14 I told a friend at his house I could go home get my swimming trunks on, grab my Crossman 760 and be back in 10 to 15 minutes. All dirt road one lane, mud holes and everything that comes with that and since I'm in the mountains, lots of twisty turns. I made it home and was on my way back when about a quarter mile from home a toyota truck hit me or vice versa. He was drunk and I was not only moving at a good clip,I looked around to see if another friend was home. I looked back locked it up sliding sideways, and hit on my left side breaking my arm and leg. Eventually after healing I got back on it and rode it until I was 19 or so.

I wanna get back on after all that time. I haven't kept up with anything since they got rid of 2-strokes. I enjoyed both though leaning more toward the larger 4-strokes. I've rode a ton of different bikes though, my favorite being a XR600 a friend let me and an RM250 2-stroke that was setup nicely. Finally got to ride on of the new motocross 4-strokes and it was nice. I forgot the size but I think it was 450 or 400 and really liked it. I love the way the old XR's sounded with the baffle out or a SuperTrapp on.