View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #9

Re: zong jet help

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
OK now ,I'm bummed,rejetted the zong cause with the stock 132 jet and the clip in the middle needle position the plug was showing lean.So I put in a 137.5 and moved the clip down one notch.Now it runs worse it breaks up at the higher rpms and pops a little out the pipe on deceleration, so now what ,????...
I assume you are using the small, round, Mikuni main jets. A size 130, Mikuni main jet is equivalent to a size 132, Teikei main jet. Therefore, I suggest you try a size 132.5, Mikuni main jet, instead of the much larger, size 137.5, main jet you are now using. I think even a size 135, Mikuni main jet will run too rich for you at your elevations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishman10
…Also there was no Idle mixture screw on the bottom of the carb ,nor could I find a plug to drill out to get to one ,like I've found on other bikes.Help please.
Below is a photo of your TK MV28 carburetor. Unlike the Teikei carburetor employed by the Yamaha TW200, the pilot mixture screw on the Zong’s carb is readily accessible. In the photograph below, the idle adjusting screw is located inside the orange oval. The pilot mixture screw is located inside the yellow circle.

Spud

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894