View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 11:16 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesy View Post
You'd win. I guess I'm supposed to be down there something like one week a month until things are up and running. Then maybe a week or two every quarter.

I still have more questions than answers about what's going to happen and how. What I do know is that myself and Jason, who works for me, are the only ones from the back of the building that are being kept on. Jason is moving to the new facility. One or two people from Customer Service are being sent to the new facility, too. One or two managers will be cut loose, along with everyone else in the building. Maybe some poorly performing regional sales staff, too.

I have been told that those being let go will be getting very generous severance packages. Which is probably why I'm being kept on. It would be cheaper to keep me.
First, I'm thankful that you haven't clawed your way to middle management. Being a lead Tech means that you're not expendable.

Second, be glad that you live in the glorious USA. in Canada, an employer is only required to pay up to eight years of severance. I'm in my 29th year, so I'm not really worth much to them on paper.

"I figure I'm well-prepared for coping with a bike that comes from the factory with unresolved issues and that rewards the self-reliant owner." - Buccaneer