View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 03:45 AM   #3

Thumper, you seem to be the resident pro on the X. Thanks for the response. Do you have the scoop on parts? I am expecting tank or side plastic to get wasted. Front fender too but that can be a universal fender replacement. Or something a bit worse like dumping the bike on it's side into a rock and breaking the rear brake pedal hydraulic piston. My KLR has a guard to help prevent that. Parts concern me about the X.

With your X, if you were mostly sitting on a dual sport ride(gravel roads) could you make it comfortably for a few hours of riding with breaks(lunch stop and we were here pics)? In your opinion is the seat wide enough to be comfortable? Whatever bike I go for I figure I can always play with the foam but the seat pan has to have enough width to make it comfortable.

Height is okay on any of them and correct I don't want to do much work on the bike. I've been trying to figure out the other flavors of the Hawk like you listed to see the best package. I'd prefer a carburetor bike for simplicity. Trying to keep the price down since it's bike #3 which has led me to the Hawk or X. X does seem like a lot of bike for the $$$. Good to hear about the "motorcycle" status on the MCO of the X. In Washington state you can get a plate on a dirt bike but you have to put DOT stuff on it to pass a $100 inspection. That's how I got a plate on my CR but for this bike I want to avoid that process. It's encouraging to hear your points about the getting "Motorcycle" on the MCO.

Also I would probably only keep this bike for a season or two.