View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy250
I was going to adjust mine a month ago and got all the stuff off and out of the way, but found it difficult to get a feeler guage in there from the intake side. How were you able to do it??
Yup, it is a tremendous PITA to get it in there with the frame in the way. I bent the feeler guage into a 90 about 1/2 in from the end so the guage would slide down and under the rocker stud. Be careful, if you bend it a little too far, you'll snap it off :( . I had to loosen the jam nut, back the stud out until I could wiggle the guage in between then run the stud down by hand (well by fingers, which is also a PITA) until the guage is "stuck in between" Once you tighten the jam nut, you either got it and you can pull the guage out with slight resistance OR , if not, then you gotta start the process all over again. Like I said it took several tries on the intake valve to get it right. I got the exhaust valve first try. So, you have like 7000 miles and haven't adjusted the valves yet? Man, that is amazing! These engines are pretty incredible.

Current Chinabikes: 2023 Titan DLX & 2021 Lifan KP Mini w/ 210cc BRT kit, 22 HP!