View Single Post
Old 10-16-2020, 10:42 PM   #60

Got ours today. Brake light broken. Speedo doesn't work. Rattles everywhere. Scratched paint in spots. Sputters when riding. Highbeam not working.

Fixed majority of rattles (mostly front fender). Forks need tightened down (gotta check the main nut). Tightened rear turn signals and front signals down (they were very loose).

Contacted Belmont Bikes about the left headlight switch, speedo issue and other issues.

Honestly, build quality sucks compared to our Lifan's. Kymco build quality is much better as well (we have two K-Pipes) and run better (stock), but they are not retro bikes.

However, we like the retro bikes (have several 60's yamie's). And this one has potential once we get some of the bugs worked out.

Is it worth $1449 (what I paid). Nope. But we already got tires (Shinko 244's) coming, carb coming, new yellow headlight w/grille, wife is gonna restitch the seat with red thread, got a sprocket coming and different front fender. And am looking at a 140 big bore kit for it as well.

Swap out some of the crappy stuff with less crappy stuff and it'll be a cool looking little bike.

I'll race it against our 64 Yammie Trailmaster 80 when I'm done rebuiding the engine on it.

And we'll post our unboxing and upgrades as we do them on our YouTube page.