View Single Post
Old 10-22-2021, 12:45 PM   #28

Hey - Deja vu!

I STILL need to cut'n'gut my stock pipe, but I did pick up the catless pipe on Orion Powersports site. I got the one for the RXB230 - will need an adapter to add about 3in. to attach the muffler. VERY aggressive without the muffler plug, definitely added some ponies too. I don't have a dyno, but I can say it feels like I added at least 5+HP to the mix. The CDI helps I think with starts too - coil and plug wire are way better than stock, hotter, instant power difference felt. The CDI does remove the REV and advances the timing a tad; not sure how much degree but does now feel like something is pulling me when I'm in a lower RPM and give it some throttle. Much better lower end torque curve feels like. I have another CDI that's a 'racing' type, not sure if that is any different. Thinking about that timing key - may have to do that.

I have been pleasantly surprised with my XPro since I got it all figured out. Little power mods here and there - thinking about that bore kit... still want a sixth gear, though lol

If we can get it all coordinated - we need to hit some of the MABDR and get some footage! I have a multi-cam setup on my helmet so I can get front / rear; should be some good shots. But, glad I paved the way for your registration! Wish mine was as easy - MY dmv told me that my bike and paperwork was all fake!! Got it done though.

I'll get some pics of my project and post 'em up. Btw - if you haven't gotten a skid plate, the Cycra 'full armor' plate for the YZ250 is an exact fit! It is a polymer plate though, not metal - about 60 bucks I think, maybe cheaper now. Has saved me a few times already!!