View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1298 View Post
Update: Pete from Kronik Racing got back to me and said the boomcat (it’s called the boom retro on the kronik racing website, I guess the names are interchangeable) can be registered in all 50 states. That sounds like great news to me but I don’t want to just take his word for it, so I’ll keep researching. I’m just afraid of forking out so much money for a bike and not being able to do anything with it
He is not pulling your leg, BUT it will be NJ itself that screws you. Most Chinese motorcycles are 49-state legal; Californians need not apply. However, the Boom lineup as I mentioned is actually California CARB certified which allows them to be registered there. Once a bike is California certified, it is generally no problem for all other 49 states. But, the other month, someone posted the NJ list, and from what I remember, it was based on the 2015 US EPA/DOT list. Vaders were not on that list as they hadn't been released. You confirmed that same list. However, that would mean that any newer bikes released by any brand could not be registered in NJ. Surely, if you took a sample VIN number to a NJ DMV office, they could run it and give you a straight answer?

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard