View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 01:17 PM   #6

Went to Massimo's site and read the specs of the Yingang bikes--the 200cc bikes use the tried and true 163 FML engine which is the pretty standard 200cc workhorse of many of the members Chinese bikes. I like that Yingang actually have designed different bikes than the standard GY-200 that most Chinese dirt bikes look like. Even the one that you stated looks like the other GY's looks a little different (in a good way) and looks similar to, dare I say it Spud, the Zongshen GY-2!!

The 2F model is based on the agriculture, or 'ag' bikes, seen in the parts of the world that have massively huge ranches that use them to get to remote parts of the ranches that ATV's find too far (for gas mileage purposes). Obviously, the racks are useful to us non-huge ranch owners for extra luggage on long trips!

My only criticism is the YG-5 with a 200cc engine--that bike should have at least a 250 to compete with similar Chinese standard/cruisers. However, living so close to Mexico and seeing the multitude of Chinese bikes there (mostly under the Italika brand name), I could see that bike fitting right in around here, 200cc engine and all.

I am intrigued by both of the Yingang 250 street bikes--the naked one because I like the look, and the sport one as it seems to be a viable alternative to the Ninja 250. The specs aren't clear on Massimo's site, but member Oengus/MJH (as he's known on mychinamoto) has stated something like 26 hp for the liquid-cooled fairing bike (he is able to find all kinds of info) which is pretty good for a Chinese bike if it's true!

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard