View Single Post
Old 05-25-2016, 06:29 PM   #784

Quote:
Originally Posted by '16 TT250 View Post
It does chap me a bit that they were supposed to go to $2495, or something like that, and only went up to $1895. Feels like they lied to get people to fund their project and it killed the equity I was expecting to have in my bike. One of the biggest reasons I decided to get in was that even if I didn't like the bike, getting in at well under retail would allow me to sell it without loosing much or any money and that safety net is now gone. Had I known this before finalizing there's a good chance I wouldn't have done it and would have just bought a used Jap bike. Now to hope I don't feel the need to cash it out.
While I agree to an extent, I think $2495 is asking too much for the bike anyway. If the price had been $2495 and I had missed the "Don't miss the boat" price, I wouldn't have been interested anymore. In California after setup, taxes and registration the price would have been almost $3,000. While we might have lost some "equity" in the bike due to the price cut, I haven't seen anyone mention that we also didn't have to pay the $200 setup fee either. Due to that fact alone I am not really that upset that the price stayed low. That means that I have more time to convince my friends to get one.

I also know that a lot of us have been waiting for the bike for what seems like forever, but you have to remember that CSC is a pretty small shop. They started receiving bikes on May 6th, and are building about 10 per day. I read somewhere that there were somewhere around 500 pre-orders, so that's about a month and a half before they get through all of them. I stopped by CSC about 3 months ago to have a look at the RX3 and the TT250 prototype, and they seemed like a great group of people. Based off of that experience and the word of mouth around the internet I am sure we will all be satisfied customers once we get our bikes.

Either way, I am excited for the bike and plan on doing some video reviews and motovlogs once I get it. I'll post links and pictures once that happens.