View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:42 PM   #1

Xingyue XY400 Help?

Well I am new to this forum and Chinese built bikes, but not new to motorcycles. I have been doing online research on them, but it seems there is not a lot of specific info for certain mfg's or models.
Wow are there a lot of different mfg's or should I say assemblers of what appear to be the same product.
So for sale in my area from a dealer is a brand new 2009 Xingyue XY400Y
Dualsport. $2500 cdn.
I have been looking for a used dualsport for a little while, in that exact price range, but most are 10 yrs old, higher mileage and some just downright "well used". So as I stumbled across this Xingyue it got me thinking, heck its brand new, right size for what I want ( which is a bike to take me to trails and fireroads) no air for this old guy.
I have other bikes for Touring, scooting around town and vintage that see little use.
I guess the question is, what can anyone tell me about the pros and cons of this brand and model?
Seems to be mixed opinions on these bikes, so I ask for more feedback from those that may have knowledge here at CR.
I do understand "you get what you pay for" theory, so my expectations are real for this price.
Thanks for any help you can provide.
Rick