View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 09:50 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxTaoRider View Post
I've never had much interest in cruiser type bikes (unless you include the VMax-but that's a different topic), but if I was going for that style, I think I'd have to get something with as much low rpm grunt as possible and didnt have to be revved to get around. For that it's hard to beat a large displacement engine.
Oh yeah, the V-Max is a whole different animal. I've road a couple of them in the past. Scary power. There's a notch in the seat on the V-Max for a reason. It's to keep you from sliding off the rear of the bike.
The Vulcan S has more than enough lowend to mid range grunt. I'm not looking for stupid fast. I'm looking for something i can take on the highway and still be capable of cruising around town. The Vulcan S seems to fit that perfectly. I've been riding over 45 years and probably road every possible style of bike. The big cruisers are real nice on the road but too heavy to maneuver around in tight places. I'm getting older and past the stage of needing to have the most powerful and heavy bikes. Because of my bad knees and back is one of the reason I bought my Hawk in the first place to get back into riding after a debilitating back injury. I bought the X22R for the highway which worked out perfect but due to a bad wrist i ended up selling it. The Ghost is perfect little bike for around town and back road cruising but definitely not something i want to take on the highway for long distant. I do plan on taking some long trips along the coast. After riding both the Vulcan S and the 900 custom I found the Vulcan S was the most comfortable, lighter and had more power than the 900. As far as highway riding 70-75mph they felt about the same. I wish I knew someone local that had one so i could take it on a 100-150 mile trip just to make sure i would be happy with it.
2020 Kawasaki Vulcan S
2004 Honda ST 1300
2016 Black Hawk 250 (sold)
Keihin PE30 carb,125 main,38 slow.Pod filter,ported & decked head 10:1 CR,Direct Ignition Coil,15/40Sprockets,NGK DPR8EIX-9,De-Cat,Dual Oil Cooler,Digital Cluster
2016 Cazador180 XL
2014 Coolster150
JerryHawk250.com
My YouTube Channel