View Single Post
Old 03-18-2015, 10:16 PM   #5

http://www.atv4usa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=TMEC200-1

I would start here--tell them 'Simon' sent you; speak with Alan or Wade. These are low-cost 200s, but Excalibur backs them up very well. Of course, with this site, repairs and upgrades are but a post away, but this one needs pretty much nothing.

I bought a used TMEC 200 back in 2012 with unknown mileage since the speedo cable was broken and the hub was missing. Over the next 18 months, at 600 miles per month, I put over 10,000 miles myself. My commute is about 33 miles round trip daily. In the summer, I commute the 16.5 miles home in temperatures reaching 115 F. There were a couple things over that time I should have looked at, such as engine bolts that had left the bike (solved with locktite and such, but I did not do that!), which expedited the engine needing directly to be welded to the frame, and I still rode it for months like that. Finally, I decided a new one was in order which I bought and started riding at the end of last May. In late October, an errant driver pushed me off the road, onto the curb, resulting in some scratches, bent pedals and such to the bike, but laid me out for a month with a broken arm and collarbone, so I did not ride it the last week of Oct. until 4 weeks later.

I have daily commuted since then, and have 4910 miles now, and no problems since the accident!. I do change the oil religiously monthly at 600 miles.

Anyway, call them and see what kind of deal you can get on one of these bikes. The Pitster Pro and SSR are good bikes, no doubt, but they cost about twice the TMEC. The TMEC is available in both 17/17" street tire combo, or 21"/18" knobbies. Since, ironically, Yuma is mostly beach sand, I just stick to the street (I have the 17/17" wheels and tires), and will save up and get a 4 wheel something for the sand trails and nearby Imperial Sand Dunes or Glamis.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard