View Single Post
Old 09-29-2017, 11:34 PM   #13

I have the factory speedo drive gear in a box. It's buried on the Uhaul right now, so you'll have to wait until next week when I unpack in Phoenix, but I have one. I'd be happy to send it out if you determine that's what you need. I would say step one would be to disconnect the speedometer drive cable at both ends and give it a turn. Make sure that the cable is intact and turns properly. Then move down from there and take the front tire off to check the drive assembly. Finally, if all is well so far, check the speedometer itself. Not 100% sure if there's really anything to check there, but you might luck out. Come to think of it, I have the entire factory speedometer assembly, complete with cable and drive sitting in the box on the uhaul. If you can wait until I get to Phoenix, and the Hawk and Magician parts are compatible, I'd be happy to send everything your way. PM me if you need anything.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up